Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week of Thanks- Day 3 AND Wednesday's Read

I know it is late in the evening, but I worked this morning and we just got back from a basketball game.  Yesterday the theme of thanks was "all things temporal" and so today the theme is...

All Things Spiritual:

- I am thankful to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity (thats right babe FOR-EV-ER!)
- I am thankful for forever families
- I am thankful for the Book of Mormon
- I am thankful to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- I am thankful for my calling in the church as a nursery worker, and to learn from the sweet little souls that I teach
- I am thankful to be called as a Temple worker and to have this special experience at this point in my life.
- I am thankful for the Priesthood and my Husband who is worthy to hold it
- I am thankful for the ability to pray to my Heavenly Father whenever, wherever
- I am thankful that my prayers are always answered, sometimes in unexpected, but perfect ways
- I am thankful for the still small voice that keeps me on the right path
- I am thankful that I am never alone, and that there is someone who knows all my pains and sufferings and loves me unconditionally
- I am thankful for my firm testimony and faith
- I am thankful to have a modern day Prophet who lead and guides me
- I am thankful for repentance, I need it often and am grateful that I can be forgiven
- I am thankful for my heavenly father, who loves me and truly wants what is best for me
- And ultimately I am grateful for my Savior, who gave his life for me, who sacrificed for my sins, and who is my brother and loves me.

I know this list is not as long or detailed as my others, but I think spirituality is a more personal subject.

On to Wednesday's Read!
Keeping on the Spiritual line I want to share with you one of my favorite Church Books.
It is called The Peace Giver: How Christ Offers to Heal Our Hearts and Homes, by James Ferrell. This book really showed me a different side and point of view of some very well known church stories and examples.  It helps us to see that every story has two sides and to be compassionate towards others.  This book really touched my heart and helped me through a difficult time in my life. I love this book and am thankful for it in my life.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a wonderful book! You gave it to my for my birthday a few years ago, and after reading it myself, I have lent it to many friends too!