Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week of Thanks- Day 2

Continuing on with my week of thanks, the theme for today is

All things Temporal-

- I am thankful that heat is included in our rent here in Minnesota.
- I am thankful that I landed a job in scrapbook heaven a.k.a. "Jessica's Heaven"
- I am thankful for a great car that is completely paid off.
- I am thankful for a library card that grants access to a world of fabulous literature just waiting for me to find and devour it
- I am thankful for banana cream pie blizzards from DQ.
- I am thankful for excedrin migraine. I get headaches that debilitate me and this miracle pill is - the only thing that can save me!
- I am thankful for bottled water, as the water in Minnesota seems to have a strange taste.
- I am thankful for mapquest since Minneapolis lacks the amazing Utah grid system
- I am thankful for microwaves, toilets, showers, blow dryers, washing machines, my fridge vacuums, irons, telephones, stoves, and all other modern day conveniences that make my life   so much easier!
- I am thankful (finally after 20 years) for my naturally curly hair that I can do in about 10 minutes, and on that note,
- I am thankful for my CHI hair straightener. I love you will all of my heart. I don't know what I ever did without you!
- I am thankful for Skype, which allows me to see my beloved family and adorable niece and nephew.
- I am thankful for contact lenses
- I am thankful for all the strangers who tell me what pretty eyes and eyelashes I have
- I am currently thankful for student loans (ask me again in 5 years)
- I am thankful for sports. The thrill and excitement and how sports unite people from all walks of life because of the mutual love of "your team" p.s " Go Twins, Jazz, Gophers, Dodgers, Real etc...."
- I am thankful for tv and for my favorite shows
- I am thankful for getting into housing here, and loving our little apartment
- I am thankful for music, and songs that change my life and inspire me
- I am thankful for my scrap-booking tools. My revolution, my xyron, my paper trimmer, my quickstick, I love you!
- I am thankful for 1$ chicken nuggets at Mcdonalds (don't judge me)
- I am thankful for my bookshelf with all of my favorite reads
- I am thankful for my cell phone 
- I am thankful for smart wool socks
- I am thankful for ramen noodles and mac and cheese that comfort me on cold days
- I am thankful that my husband got me hooked on my latex foam pillow
- I am thankful for my memory foam bed topper
- I am thankful for blogs that allow me to catch up with old friends and get to know people better then I ever did when I was face to face with them
- I am thankful for all the freeways here that get us where need to be in no time at all( except from 4-6 rush hour)
- I am thankful that my husband landed a job as  research assistant
- I am thankful that we can afford to eat, pay rent, buy gas and all the other necessities of life (thanks again uncle sam, we sure appreciate your love and support)
- I am thankful for bare minerals make up
- I am thankful for airplanes and thankful that in less then one month I will be on one going to Utah to see my family!!!!
And once again there are a million more temporal things that I am thankful for in my life. This is just a few of them that I thought of for today. Hope you are all having a happy tuesday!!!



2 comments:

Candis said...

Jessica...I am thankful for your posts! They always make me smile and these past two made me cry! They're so fun to read. I'm glad you're a part of our family!

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

Wow guess what. I am thankful for Real also. Oh, and I guess I am also thankful for my wife and my new son, as well as my family and friends.
Haha, you know I love you guys.