Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cards, Twilight, Shower, Cards, Shower, Cards, Shower, Crash.....

What is this mysterious pattern that is my post title you ask? Why it just happens to be my last few days.  I was asked to make some cards for our ward craft day and by the end of sign ups I had people signed up for about 180 cards. It the past month I had gotten quite a bit done for them but thursday night began that panic mode where you realize how much you have left to do.  Here are my last couple days....
Thursday Night work on cards all night until the wee hours. Wake up Friday meander around home, laundry, eat and then go out with the gang and catch the 1 o'clock showing of Twilight(loved Edward, liked movie, Rosalie is gross). Then go with Melissa to pick up lots of baby things for baby shower. Friday p.m attend the ward baby shower for Angie Tingey a fellow MHA mormon wife. Leave shower and work, work, work on cards until the very very wee hours. In a.m. take a real shower. Go to ward craft day at 8 o'clock until 2 and teach all the ladies how to make their cards, then feel the sweet relief of not having to work on cards anymore. Hurry home and head to 2nd baby shower for Angie, this one was the MHA shower and it was gorgeous. I won a pretty vase of fresh flowers. Come home, eat chocolate chip cookie that husband made (so good!) and call mother to tell her about craft day and tell her oh how much blood sweat and tears I put into it because I know she will tell me she is proud and make me feel very good (success)! Then sit at computer and blog about the past three days of cut, cut, cutting things for cards, baby showers, and a vampire movie squeezed right in the middle.  Husband is gone making apple pies with the boy scouts (he is quite the little baker) so I should probably crash and lie down to watch pride and prejudice. I earned it!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I agree, Rosalie is weird. She isn't that pretty at all. I was pretty upset with the lack of Alice and Jasper and Emmett in the movie. Too much Rosalie. In the book she was hardly in it!! It was pretty close to the book though, so I was pretty happy with that. Oh crap, here I go again with Twilight.

Atkinsons said...

Way to go!! I am sure the cards were beautiful! I guess Justin is still the "cookie boy"! Maybe you should get him another cookie book for Christmas this year ha ha too cute!

Emma said...

you make me tired.

Alanya/Ally said...

Good job on the cards. I envy those that can do any sort of crafty thing like that... I hate doing them. It's crazy how much we can squeeze into such little time.

Brittany said...

Tell Justin to bring his cookie recipe(or does he have it memorized?) out with you guys so he can make us some delish cookies! I bet that those cookies are amazing! Man you are lucky. If I want cookies, I have to make my own.