Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday's Read

The book for this week is  Marley and Me by John Grogan.  I was inspired to share this book with you because of these little guys.  Back in Logan, Ut there is a beautiful golden retriever named Dakota who has 8 adorable puppies.  It is REALLY hard for us to not be able to play and snuggle them. 
  Justin and I both have a very deep love for pets, especially dogs.  Seeing the way Justin is when he is with his dogs is something that I deeply love about him. To give you an idea, I met his two dogs before I met his parents. Early on in our relationship we spent a lot of time bonding on walks in the canyon or the neighborhood and the dogs always went along with us. When we were dating Justin's beloved dog Abby( Dakotas mom) passed away very suddenly.  It was a very emotional time and a night that I will always remember. Seeing Dakota have her first litter of puppies brought such happiness and so much fun.  It is amazing how these dogs have impacted our life and our relationship. Literally at least every week we mention how excited we are to have a house someday for one reason, so we can finally get our first dog. 
Now on to the book.....

When I read Marley and Me I laughed, I cried(wept), and most of all I related.  This is such a wonderful book about a family and their dog.  I love the message it conveys, that animals really impact our lives and they really do become our family.  If you are looking for an easy read with a lot of heart and a LOT of humor, read this. I LOVED this book and highly recommend this one to all of you!

p.s. How can you not read this book? Just look at the cover! SOOOO cute!
p.p.s. I had a couple of people tell me that they liked last weeks pick, "The Hunger Games". Told ya!

1 comment:

The Daybell Family said...

This book is on the top of my list when I get home, and then the movie! I love your wednesdays read 'column' it's a very neat idea and even though there has only been two so far, I look forward to reading it.
Hope all is well with you guys!
Alison