Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Week of Thanks- Day 1

Thanksgiving is on Thursday (just thought I would let you all know) and in honor of Thanksgiving I wanted to do a post about things that I am thankful for.  As I started thinking about all the many wonderful things in my life, I realized this was going to be one LONG post so instead I am breaking it up and I am going to write a post every day about things that I am thankful for.  The theme for today is:
People I am thankful for-
(p.s. click on the links to see all these people that I love so much!)

-I am thankful for my husband, to be married to my best friend for eternity.  For his awesome sense of humor that keeps me laughing every day, and for his support and love that he shows me daily.
- I am thankful for A-Mazing parents whose love and support amaze me daily.
- I am thankful for a mother who I have so much in common with, and as I get older has become my best girlfriend, and I am thankful for our endless phone calls
- I am thankful for a father who has sacrificed more then anyone should for his family and his country.  Who loves his family unconditionally and is my hero as Colonel in the US Army.
- I am thankful to have the most adorable niece and nephew in all the land
- I am thankful for siblings who I can laugh with for hours and who have all turned out to be wonderful people. We have grown to have so much in common and I am glad we are a forever family.
- I am thankful for my brother Jordan who is the kindest person and who finds joy in everything. Julie who is my dear and only sister who I love to laugh with, share secrets with, and love deeply. Jake who is funny, SMART, talented at everything, and has a great and compassionate heart. 
-- I am thankful for wonderful in-laws whom I love dearly and who are not only family, but my friends. Who have been there for me and truly made me their daughter. Who have shown me support and love in all things.
- I am thankful for all my sibling in laws. I have so much fun laughing with them and love them all dearly. I have truly been blessed to have the greatest in laws that are such dear friends.
- I am thankful for Shawn and Krystal and their friendship, support and camaraderie , Aubrey for being such a GREAT and strong person and for loving my brother dearly. Justin and Melissa for being such kind souls and Melissa for giving such great haircuts. Casey for that sense of humor who never ceases to shock/ crack us up, and Brittany for letting us tease her but knowing that we love her and her humor, excitement, and friendship so much. And soon to be Caleb, thank you for loving my sister, and making her happier then I have ever seen or imagined she could be!
- I am thankful for all the friendships I have had in my life and for girlfriends that I can go months or even years without seeing, but when we get together, it's as if no time has passed. I love all my friends, but here is a little shout out to a couple that I want to thank. Emily, Emma, Ashley, Bittani, and Amanda.
- I am thankful for the wonderful pets I have had in my life and the comfort they bring and unconditional love they show. Thanks especially to Sam, I miss you with all my heart buddy.  And to Abby Justin's dog. We miss you! Thank you for being such a great friend to the love of my life.  And I am also thankful for my family dog Molly and for Justins family dog Dakota! You make life so much better!
- I am thankful for President Monson and for all the Prophets who have lived before him
- I am thankful for Joseph Smith and for his faith and courage, for bringing the gospel that I love so dearly to this country.
- I am thankful for the leaders of our country, for the founding father and for all who fight for our freedom every day. Thank you troops.
- I am thankful for all of the dear friends that we have made out here, who are in our same boat and who are our family away from family!
- I am thankful for a wonderful extended family, for many aunts uncles and cousins that have been a big support to me my whole life.
- I am thankful for my Grandma Rasmussen who keeps our family getting together and has given me priceless books of family history.
- I am grateful for my Grandpa Rasmussen who every time he sees me, pulls me aside and takes me in his arms and tells me how proud of me he is and how much he loves me.  He will never know how much that has meant to me in my life!
- I am grateful for my Grandma Unity, for her strength and courage and for her love. For her e-mails she sends all the time that tell me she loves me and is thinking about me.
- I am grateful for my Grandpa Walter. He passed away before I was born, but I feel connected to him and I know that he loves me. I think about him often.
- I am thankful to all my blog friends who visit here often and leave me comments that make my day!
-I am thankful for soooo many more people, but this post is getting way too long.



5 comments:

Jane said...

Well now I'm crying!!! Love you Jessie!

Emma said...

Seriously, your post almost made me cry too!

Brittany said...

Thank you!!! So sweet. I was trying not to cry. If mom, dad and Justin weren't in the room, I probably would have. You are amazing!

Emily said...

Wow - what a great list! I miss you! Hopefully we can get together over Christmas!

Atkinsons said...

We love you!