Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Temple Calling

A couple weeks ago Justin and I received a phone call from the Temple president who wanted to meet with us.  We were pretty curious about this meeting and surprised when we were called as Temple workers for the St. Paul Minnesota Temple.  I thought that only retired people worked in the Temple.  On thursday we were set apart and worked our first Temple shift. It was such a wonderful experience for us both.  The spirit was incredibly strong and I felt such love and peace being able to serve there.  I felt very intimidated at first seeing how most people who attend the Temple are older then me, but being there as an ordinance worker gave me such an appreciation for my Heavenly Father and I can't express how grateful I am for this opportunity in my life.  Woman can't work in the temple if they have dependents so this is a rare calling for someone my age and I am so grateful to be able to serve and to also serve with some of our friends in our ward here.  I love the Temple, and I am so glad that we will be there more often.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so awesome! It's been a while since I've been to the temple, and this really makes me yearn for the spirit I have felt there. Congrats!

Emma said...

that will be an incredible experience. Good for yoU!

Julie H. said...

Yeah for you guys! I'm jealous! :)

Ashlee said...

Wow that is really cool, I have never seen young ordinance workers in the Logan temple. Good luck that will be really cool!

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

That sounds awesome! I had no idea there were young temple workers either. What a great experience!