Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Thanks a lot Punxstutawney Phil!


Happy Groundhog Day to all!  
Last night Justin and I watched Groundhog Day which is such a great movie.  I was hopeful that today, the beloved ritual would end in the result of Phil the groundhog not seeing his shadow, and this horrible winter would come to an end, but that is not how it all played out.  Phil, you really disappointed me this year man! He saw his shadow.  Winter will continue on for six more weeks.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not deranged.  I know that living in Minnesota the winter has no possibility of ending in just six weeks, but I was hoping for the earliest end to winter possible.  Just so you all know and can all have pity on me, this has been one of the coldest Januarys in Minnesota history.  In fact I think we were only a day or two short of the record.  It is COLD here.  Think warm thoughts for me. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm thinking warm thoughts for you!! Hope it helps :)

Atkinsons said...

I am definitely ready for warmth, sunshine, and the outdoors! It can't come soon enough.