Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Rasmussen Family

I never got around to posting these pictures and I wanted to get them up here forever ago, but better late then never.  A few days after Christmas my family went and got some pictures taken.  It was really fun because A) We had baby Kaden there and we just gushed over him. B) My little brother Jake was the only one without a significant other so we gave him a hard time about it. C) My brother Jordan was posing like a pregnant lady, looking down upon and admiring his belly.  I guess you had to be there, but it was a lot of fun, and here are some of the pictures.
Here is my family, I love them to pieces!-

First we have baby Kaden Jay Rasmussen.  He is the youngest and cutest member of the Rasmussen family.  He is the only grandchild and we love him to pieces.  He is also the first boy with the last name Rasmussen and so he is the only  great grandchild so far to carry on the Rasmussen name. 
Posted by Picasa
Next we have Jordan and Aubrey Rasmussen.  Jordan is my older brother of about 19 months or so.  He was one of my best friends in high school and I was pretty devastated when he left on his mission.  He is the nice happy peace making child of our family. He is currently in the Psych program at the U of U.  His wife Aubrey is one of the nicest and coolest people I have ever met! I am soooo glad my brother married such a great person who is so great to him. Oh and I forgot to mention, he is a DIE HARD Real Salt Lake fan.  He has season tickets and a blog devoted to them called View From the North Goal. Check it out.

Next we have Justin and I. You already know us. And I hate this picture of myself but Justin looks great as always.  I can always count on him to save pictures because he has the EXACT same face in every picture. It is actually pretty funny.

Next up is Caleb and soon to be Julie Banks.  This is my little sister and her fiance. Julie is currently a freshman at BYU Prove (boo)! Julie is such a fun girl who is smart, energetic, talented and beautiful.  She is barely five feet tall, but don't let the small exterior fool you, she is a firecracker! She plays the piano beautifully and is mostly self taught.  She is gorgeous with amazing green eyes and the deepest auburn hair ever. She is my only sister, and we can drive each other crazy, but I love her to no end.  Caleb is her fiance.  He is a marine and is going to be stationed over seas for most of the year. When he returns they will be married on November 21st. YEAH!  He is a really great, funny and sweet guy.  They are lucky to have each other. 

Next up is my baby brother Jake who towers over us all at just over 6 feet tall, remember my sister is barely 5 feet I am 5'2 and so is my mom.  My dad is 5'8 and Jordan is a little shorter then that. Jake is an incredible person. He is a senior in high school. He is the gifted child. He has over a 4.0 GPA amazing test scores, and he tutors kids after school.  Not only that he was the number one spot on the varsity tennis team and he played varsity golf as well.  And not only that, he is soooo kind and soooo funny.  He makes us laugh all the time.  We love Jake so much.

And last but not least, My mom and Dad.  My Dad is Jay. He is a Colonel in the U.S. Army.  He has been a hard worker and has sacrificed so much for his family.  People always think he is going to be some tough army guy (especially Justin before he met him), but my dad is the life of the party.  He is so fun and crazy.  He loves to play jokes and always has us laughing.  He is a great person and a wonderful Father.
My Mom is Jane.  She truly is one of my very best friends.  When we talk on the phone it is usually for over 2 hours or until one of our phones die.  We have sooo much in common.  I am my mothers daughter and I love that I have turned into a mini her.  She has the kindest heart and loves her kids with all her heart.  She has always been there for us and no matter how old we all get, all of us kids still need our mom in our life.

Here is one of all of us. Notice how Jake has to kneel because he is so tall.  And notice how him kneeling is the same height as my mom sitting on a stool. 

The Siblings.

p.s.  Did you notice how we are all J's? Jay, Jane, Jordan, Jessica, Julie, and Jacob.  I am the only child that stayed true and Married a J. Thanks Justin for fitting in so well.  But we love Aubrey, Caleb and Kaden too.
p.p.s. When Justin and I have kids should we name them all J's too to keep it going? We do have one name picked out that we like. Ji'Shaku.  What do you think?
p.p.p.s Ji'Shaku is the name this crazy magnetic force game that my mom got us for Christmas.  We thought it was so rad we would name a kid after it.  

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Aaawww... I love your family! I remember staying at your house for days at a time... I miss them and hope all is well with all of them!

Julie H. said...

Great pics! Hey- tell Julie that Nov. 21 is the best day go get married ever!!! Worked for us!

Alanya/Ally said...

Those pictures are so great. I'm glad you posted them... your mom only has the one of you and your siblings. Glad you're doing well.

Jane said...

What a cool family!