Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday's Read

Last night I went to my ward book club and had a great time.  The book we read for January is this weeks Wednesday Read.  The book is called The Beekeepers Apprentice, or Segregation of the Queen, by Laurie King. The title kind of threw me off but this is a great book.  We have all heard of Sherlock Holmes and his mystery solving legends. Well what if Mr Holmes in the latter years of his career met a very young girl who had the potential to possibly be a greater detective then him? And what if she had no family so he trained her and tested her and in turn she brought out his youth and fun again? This book is about this unlikely duo who have some mysteries to solve, mysteries that I did not figure out until the villain was revealed.  I really loved this book.  When I heard we were reading it, I will admit that it did not sound that interesting to me, but I was wrong.  I love the characters in this book and their relationship and I always love a good mystery!

No comments: