Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Excuse Me...Waiter!

So in my post about Chicago I mentioned that we had a little incident at TGI Fridays that I would post about later. Here is that post. 
 Have you ever met someone that just has a certain "thing" that always happens to them.  You know, those people who just have bad luck when it comes to a certain area in their lives.  Well I am one of those people, and my thing is food. I know it sounds weird but let me explain.  I am that one person that when you go out to eat, my plate is going to be the one that goes back and believe me, I am not picky AT ALL.  Here are some examples that I can remember (there have been so many :) 
*I will try to save face for some companies here. 

Ordered chicken fingers in bear lake, bit into chicken fingers and they were completely uncooked. I mean pink slimy and cold. Sent them back to cook a little longer. They came back and I cut into them, uncooked again. By the third time, still uncooked everyone else was done eating so I bagged it. 

Justin for Valentines Day gave me some really nice chocolates from a great little Logan chocolate company. They were these huge delicious cherry cordials. I was down to my last one and as I was eating it, noticed a weird hard something in my mouth.  I spit it out, rinsed it off and low and behold it was a piece of wood about the size of a dime. 

We were out to eat at one of the nicest places in logan and I ordered my favorite chicken dish and it was completely uncooked. Whole entire cold pink chicken breast. Worst part, I took a big bite and swallowed before realizing. 

One time we were driving to the airport and we stopped to fill up on gas.  I love doughnuts and so I went in the gas station to get me a maple bar.  As I was eating it my senses picked up on yet another weird object.  I reached to my lips and pulled out a long piece of wire that had been baked into my delicious morning treat.

And now on to Fridays. On our recent trip to Chicago we decided to get some dinner at TGI Fridays.  We had a gift card from Christmas (thanks mom) so we were going to go all out. The appetizers were all half off with the purchase of an entree so we got an appetizer and then our entrees. I ordered this amazing gourmet chicken mac and cheese.  It was delish, but when I was about half way done I noticed something blue in my food.  I examined it closer and it was a sticker with some expiration date info. I was not going to say anything, I mean it's not like it was going to cause me bodily harm but our waiter saw it and told me not to take another bite of my food.  The manager came over and I told him it was totally fine but he said nonsense. I was pretty full at that time so they gave me my meal for free plus a free desert and a card for a free appetizer on our next visit. So we got an appetizer, two meals and desert for like 13 bucks and it only took half our gift card. 
And when we were at the nice restaurant in logan they also brought me out a new meal and gave it to me for free and desert too. 
We have decided that it really pays to have your food messed up. They really treat you well when something like that happens. 

5 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Wow. Remind me never to go out to eat with you...just kidding. I always find hair in my food, but I think your experiences are a little worse...

Alanya/Ally said...

I've never found anything weird like that in my food, but just last week I went to Blimpie and found mold on my bread... after I had eaten most of it. I knew it tasted funny but my sister thought I was used to better quality meat. Nope! And to top that, I'm allergic. My sister freaked out, but I just told the guy at the counter I wanted my money back.

Alli E. said...

That is funny and gross!! I have a lthing about food, too, except my order is always wrong!! (Probably because I always ask for something a little different than how it is on the menu!) I have a blog now and send Justin and invite. If you would rather have it on yours, let me know your email address. You should have mine from the Buehler Newsletter!

Alli E. said...

That is funny and gross!! I have a lthing about food, too, except my order is always wrong!! (Probably because I always ask for something a little different than how it is on the menu!) I have a blog now and send Justin and invite. If you would rather have it on yours, let me know your email address. You should have mine from the Buehler Newsletter!

Alli E. said...

oops, I guess my comment is on twice, now thrice!!