Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday's Read

Thats right, after a small hiatus Wednesday's read is back in action! Todays read is a little different then reads of the past, in that it is not a book.  One of my online pastimes is obviously blogging and reading blogs. I know that we all read the blogs of friends and relatives but there are blogs that I love reading that are are not people that I know. I want to share with you some of my favorite blogs that I read that you may or may not have heard about

Click on any of the links to go to the blog.
Cakewrecks-  "When professional cakes go horribly and hilariously wrong" is the slogan. This blog is devoted to really bad cakes.  I found myself laughing out loud on so many of the cakes.  The blog is ran by a gal named Jen, and I love reading her witty commentary. To get to some of the really bad/great ones you have to go back in the archives but it is worth it. I have read this entire blog all the way through.

Fail Blog -A blog devoted to pictures and video clips that have failed horribly. See examples below. Also check out the English Fail Blog, it is devoted to misspelled and bad english.
"Sneaky Restaurant Fail"

"Sticker Placement Fail"


Making Memories Blog- This blog is always full of cute scrap-booking and craft ideas
Becky Higgins and Lisa Bearnson's Blogs- Both of these ladies have great ideas, sometimes giveaways and Becky has great recipes on her blog. Lisa is the founder of Creating Keepsakes magazine.

The Movie Blog- I have found this site to give really good movie reviews that are very in depth but with hardly any spoilers. They also have great best, worst, etc... lists. 

NieNieDialogues- A blog about an LDS mother of 4 named Stephanie Nielson. I had just started reading her blog last summer and thought she was just such a fun, beautiful mom who is mad in love with her Husband and then in August she was in a plane crash with her husband who is a pilot. She was very critically injured and her sister took in her kids and continued to blog about the kids and about Stephanie's progress. on the 16th of this month, Stephanie started blogging again. She and her sister Cjane both have great blogs.

And here are a few other pretty funny blogs if you need a little laugh:
Quotation Marks- The blog of unnecessary quotation marks.
Crummy Church Signs- Critical analysis of critically bad church signs
Cute Overload- Some are cute, some are kinda creepy, and please stop dressing up animals!
Kitten Wars- Some of the hardest decisions of my life have been made here. Choose wisely.
Lovely Listings- Pictures from Real estate ad's that do more harm then good for the seller.
Go Fug Yourself- Really funny commentary on really fugly celebrity attire.

So those are some of the blogs that I browse when I am putting off more important things. Let me know of any great blogs that you guys love to follow.


2 comments:

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

Man, i cannot believe you didn't include viewfromthenorthgoal.blogspot.com
I need some readers

Atkinsons said...

I LOVED this week's Wednesday's read! Becky Higgin's blog is a new favorite...I love that project 365 idea and her photo display is perfect for one of our bare walls here! and Kitten Wars...too cute, I think I am going to submit one of Trixie's Kitten pictures ha ha! Thanks for sharing the blogs!