Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Joseph B Wirthlin

Last night the Apostle Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away peacefully in his sleep.  We are very grateful for this man and for the wonderful words he has shared with so many throughout his life.  Being out here in Minnesota, the word does not relay very quickly so we just found out this afternoon of his passing.  When such a great man passes away it is a loss for us on this earth, but I imagine a marvelous reunion in heaven.  His wife passed away in 2006 and I can only imagine what a wonderful moment this was for them.  We were especially grateful for his last talk this past conference, " Come what may and Love it."  I know it has become an instant favorite of many, and it was my favorite talk of this past session.  Justin and I are firm believers in laughing through things and this talk was very inspirational and sweet.  You can read about his passing at ksl.com and click here to read the talk mentioned above.  Thank you Elder Wirthlin for your faith, devotion, and your wonderful words that we will always remember you by.

1 comment:

Jewls said...

Wow..I had no idea that he died until reading your blog post..and I live in Utah! That is very sad! His talk this last conference was my very favorite!!