Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday's Read

Hi all. Hope you are all having a great day and staying warmer then I am! This time of year with lights on houses, snowflakes in the air, and endless amounts of sweet treats and goodies put me in the mood to share with you a fairy tale, or more so a retelling of a Grimm's fairy tale that is enjoyable for all ages. The read for this Wednesday is, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.  Shannon Hale made a name for herself with The Princess Academy (which is also great) so you may have heard of her.  As mentioned above, The Goose Girl is based on an old Grimms fairy tale, and Shannon interprets it and beautifully fills in all of the pieces.  It is a very sweet, romantic, funny and all around delightful tale of identity theft (she should have shredded those pre-approved credit card applications!) I had a lot of fun reading this book, and it has a couple sequels that are from the point of view of other characters from the Goose Girl.  So turn on your Christmas tree lights, grab a blanket, a sweet morsel and snuggle up with the Goose Girl, you will love it.  And while you are at it, grab the Princess Academy. My mom liked it better of the two, I think I liked the Goose Girl better. You be the judge.

2 comments:

Jewls said...

Goose Girl is definitely better, although Princess Academy is great too! I love your Wednesday's Read's! Most of them I haven't read so it gives me good ideas...such good ideas in fact, that I might still your blog idea and post about books I read too!! ;)

Bridget said...

The Princess Academy is one of my all-time favorite books! But I like The Goose Girl, too.

I'm glad I found your blog. I didn't know that so many of Jeremy's relatives even had blogs. This is a fun one!