Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3- My favorite teacher

Today is day 3 of my post a day challenge. The topic for today is "My favorite teacher."

In elementary school I always loved my teachers, maybe a little too much. I was such a teachers pet! I was always called on to help pass things out, clean things, etc... I wrote them notes and admired them and I always knew I was going to be teacher some day. I actually started at USU majoring in Elementary Ed. My path did change but my love of teachers never has.
I had some great teachers growing up but my favorite teacher was Mrs. Hageman. She was my 6th grade teacher and I just adored her. I know this is nerdy but we actually kept in touch a little bit over the years. After I moved on to middle school, my older brother worked as a janitor at the elementary school (and so did my crush at the time but I always pretended I would actually be visiting my brother) and when I would visit I always stopped by Mrs. Hageman's classroom and we would chat. After we moved away I would sometimes write her letters and I even had one of her little official school pictures (I am sure I asked her for it), and I still have it in my keepsake box somewhere. She even sent me a nice card when I got married.
So writing this makes me feel like a total lame-o for writing letters to my teacher and keeping pictures of her, but I truly loved her and admired her and she was and still is my favorite teacher. I hope she is still teaching because the world needs great teachers like her.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I think that is very sweet. Too bad all teachers aren't like her.

Emma said...

You're not lame...I used to send notes to my dentist when I was a kid.