Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2- My definition of Success

Today is day 2 of the blog a day challenge. The topic is "My definition of Success."
At different times in my life success has meant different things to me. When I was a little girl it was getting to be the mommy when my friends and I played house, getting the best barbie to play with, or the big kahuna... getting something special that my siblings didn't get and showing it off to them. As I got a little older it was good grades, passing my drivers test on the 3rd try (so embarrassing), getting asked out on dates, and getting out of being grounded by some form of manipulation against my parents.
In my current stage of life as a new mom and adjusting to being at home most of the time, I would measure success as a shower before 2 in the afternoon, clean laundry (with a lot of help from Justin), home cooked meals, and on real fancy occasions, wearing jeans.
Today was a very successful day for me, so this post seems very fitting. Okay so I didn't get a shower but not only did the laundry get done but we had a delicious homemade dinner, Avery took some good naps, I wore makeup and jeans, I left the house to attend a class I have been excited about, and I even worked on a sample card for a class I am going to teach.
Our dinner tonight was pork chops, warm applesauce that was made from scratch, and spinach salad. It was a success and I was proud (cooking is not a strength of mine)

And seriously, looking at this girls face makes me feel like something's going right!

2 comments:

Emily said...

she's so cute!! love her little smile!

Alli E. said...

I definitly think a shower before 2 pm with a newborn is a HUGE success!!