Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday's Read

I have been doing a LOT of reading this past week.  And I mean a LOT! This past week I read 4 books, and from those 4 I have chose "Stargirl" to be the read for this week.  Stargirl is written by Jerry Spinelli and is the story of a girl in the 10th grade who calls her self (you guessed it) Stargirl.  She is eccentric, friendly, and compassionate.  It is her story through the eyes of a boy named Leo.  This book is short and easy to read, and it is worth it.  Although it is a simple story, it has a deep message and it made me think about what is important.  I find myself worried from time to time about what other people think, and that worry can sometimes alter actions that I know are best.  Stargirl does not worry about those things and follows her heart.  I admit that I want to be more like that.  Stargirl is funny and very sweet and will hopefully leave you a little bit changed for the better.

No comments: