Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Reester Bunny came!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  We sure did!  Our Easter started with  sleeping in a little and then heading to Stake Conference.  It was a conference for all of the Midwest states.  We were fortunate to hear some wonderful talks and President Monson spoke at the end.  It was a wonderful way to start off our Easter. 
Here is something interesting that I learned while at Stake conference.  Minnesota is getting a new stake and so they had these handouts in the foyer that talked about it.  Guess how many stakes Minnesota currently has.  7.  SEVEN stakes in the entire state.  And there are only 83 wards in the ENTIRE state.  And Minnesota is a pretty big state.  Crazy huh.  I thought so.  Anyway...... 

When we came home we had an Easter egg hunt.  I love Justin to pieces, but he can't hide eggs worth a darn.  And not to brag, but I was kinda awesome at hiding eggs for Justin.  He only found one on his own without hints from me.  
This is how Justin hides eggs.  In obvious places that require no searching.
 
(just so you know, I also hid an egg in that plant, but it was down in all the grass.  I also hid an egg on that shelf, but it was in that black and white vase.)

This is how Jessica hides eggs.  In concealed places, sometimes covered by fried onions, that require much searching.

The egg hunt was a lot of fun though.  Who says you have to be a kid to look for eggs?  
Here are some more pictures from our hunt. 
(click to enlarge)

Justin found a real egg on the hunt and got a little overexcited!

After the hunt the Easter Bunny paid a visit and we revealed our Easter baskets.  Right when we uncovered them we couldn't stop laughing.  You see, the Easter bunny clearly knows our taste in t.v. shows because he brought us both the same exact thing!  It was pretty funny.  Things like that happen to us all the time.  I think we just might be meant for each other. 
   
Happy Easter!

And in case you were wondering, the title of this post comes from the "Reester" bunnies I received in my basket.  They are Reese's peanut butter bunnies.  Is that not the best name for a candy ever?! I thought so.

After all of the festivities we had a delicious dinner of ham, green bean casserole, rolls and for desert we had a fresh banana cream pie.  After dinner we took a nice little walk and then  we chilled and watched t.v.  It was a great Easter!

We also wanted to thank our Moms for the Easter cards and goodies.  Thanks for thinking of us while we are far away!  We LOVE you! 

4 comments:

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

Did Justin see or hear about the dodgers game where they scored a run even though they hit into a double play? It is online.

Brittany said...

you guys are definitely perfect for each other! I love Justin's face when he cracked the egg. You guys are just so cute!

Chad and Megs said...

What a fun Easter! Those reeces bunnies are my very favorite!

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

I love the easter baskets! Keith and I ended up with some of the same things too! I love it! Love reester bunnies!