Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

On the Road Again

In the middle of June I experianced my first car accident. It was quite exciting, but not in a good way. Our poor car suffered quite a bit of damage and had to be towed away on the spot. Of course it so happens to be that we planned on taking only one car with us when we move and this was the car. It was in great condition, not too many miles, leather interior all the works and best of all its paid off. For over a week the poor thing sat at the auto body shop while the shop and the insurance company decided whether or not they were going to total the car. Justin and I really wanted the car to be fixed but the shop said the odds of that happening were slim. One day the shop called and said the insurance company gave to go ahead to fix the car. We were really excited, and a week later we got to go pick up our car. I have never seen the car look so good! With a new paint job, new mirrors, new parts and lights a buff job and good cleaning our car looks fabulous. It felt wonderful to drive it home again. I am looking forward to having some freedom back too! Justin and I have been trying out this one car family thing and it wasnt too bad, but I did walk to work a couple of times(the whole 4 1/2 blocks! I know I am pathetic to even drive in the first place) and I was starting to feel a little trapped at home on my days off. It was a good experiance though. It showed us what life is going to be like soon when we really only have one car, and it gave me such an appreciatiion for our good running cars and the freedom that cars give us. I love my car!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Car Accidents are no fun, I will cry big alligator tears if the day comes when my little car gets crunched! I'm glad you two were safe though!

Atkinsons said...

yay! The car does look good! Glad you guys were able to get it all fixed...I wish they auto shop and insurance company would have fixed my 89 toyota camery, but it was beyond repair...sad day!

The Sorensons said...

Jessica,

I'm so glad you found my blog! It's so good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about the car accident! Where are you guys living now? We live in Northern Virginia...doesn't your family live around here somewhere?