Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear Mom...

To my Mother Jane

Dear Mom-
I hope you had a great Mother's Day! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! I just wanted to thank you for all the millions of things that you have done for me throughout my life.  I do not know where I would be without you.  You are my best friend and I am so glad that we have so much in common.  I am grateful that I am turning into my mother more and more each day. I would love nothing more then to be the kind of mother that you were to me.  You have always been a great example to your children.  You have more strength then anyone I know, yet you are tender and comforting. Thank you for always cheering me on and supporting my hopes and dreams.  Thank you for always listening, no matter the subject, and thank you for always being interested.  You are the first person I want to call when something exciting happens in our life. I miss you every day and wish that we could spend more time together, but hopefully someday we will all be close again. You are my mom and no matter how old I get I will always need you.  I can't wait for the day when I become a mother and you can teach me even more.  Thanks for all you do for me and Justin.  We love and appreciate you so much!
Love, Jessie


To my Mother in law Carol

Dear Mom-
We wish that we could have celebrated Mother's day with you guys.  Skype will have to do for now, but only for one more week!  We are excited to see you guys soon!  I want to personally thank you for the amazing mother you have been to me the past couple years.  I also want to thank you for the amazing mother that you have been to Justin for the past 26 years.  He would not be the amazing person that he is without such a wonderful mother.  He is an incredible person who treats me with such love, kindness, and respect and those are things that boys learn in their homes, from their parents.  Thank you for being my mother and taking good care of me when my family was so far away.  During my first few years in Logan it was hard to not have my family around but when I met Justin I became part of yours and I thank you for that.  You are not just my mother in law, but also my friend.  I am so grateful that we have so much in common and that we have such a fun time when we are together.  We are so excited for the summer!  Thank you again for all you have done for me.  I love you so much!
Love, Jess 

Justin is off canoeing and camping somewhere around Canada.  He says he is going to prove his love and appreciation to you by conquering the great beyond! 

Happy (belated) Mother's Day! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pic of your mom in her cheer outfit!! so awesome!

Jane said...

Thanks Jessie for the sweet post. You will always be my little girl. But seriously...that picture??? Where/when did you get that?? At least I am thin in that picture! Love you!

Carol said...

Thanks Jessica, that was so sweet of you. I am so excited for you guys to come home for the summer. Family events are so much funner when you two are here. I really miss both of you. That picture of your mom looks just like you!! Love you guys!!snickers

Carol said...

woops. That comment did not come from Snickers! You know me and computers! I thought I'd check my e-mail tonight so I typed in hotbook. Shouldn't the computer know I meant either hotmail or facebook!!