Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What have you been doin lately?

So I have not really blogged about what we have been up to as of late.  Mostly Justin studies and works and goes to school (sleep, arise, repeat) day after day, and I usually work and run errands and occupy myself with television, internet and books while the hubby studies.  However we have had some fun little adventures mixed in there too. 
* We went to the Minnesota vs. Wisconsin game with Dave and Nat last week.  Before the game we went to an awesome little pizza joint called "Mesa".  They had really unique pizza.  I had mac and cheese pizza (amazing) and Justin had philly cheese steak pizza.  Dave had southwest taco pizza and Nat had the ever surprising cheese ( she lives on the edge!) It was really yummy.  Then we headed over to the game to watch the Golden Gophers battle their big rivals the Badgers!  Quite the ferocious prairie dwelling mascots we have here in the Midwest eh? It was an incredible game, we almost lost it at the end but pulled through with a big win! It was a fun night and we had a blast with the Henriksons.
* Justin had been working incredibly hard with a group on a case for his Clarion competition.  Clarion is a prestigious competition where if you are chosen, you work in a team of 4 chosen from Administration, Medical, Pharmacy, and Nursing students on a medical case.  You prepare a presentation and present in front of a board.  They choose the top 3 out of 9 groups and they are awarded prize money and fame! Justin was in a group and so were Dave Henrikson and Ben Smalley, some of our friends in our ward.  All the boys worked REALLY hard on their cases and even though their groups didn't win I am proud of them all!  It is an accomplishment to just have worked on a Clarion Case.  The awards ceremony was held at the coolest restaurant I have ever been to. It is called the Loring Pasta Bar.  We had incredible appetizers and there was an open bar so we drank Shirley Temples until we could drink no more.  The dinner was delicious and the key note speaker was really interesting to listen to.  It was a great night out and Nat and I told the boys that even though they didn't win, at least their months of hard work got them a free nice date with their wives!  Totally worth it right?  I think so.  Justin is still on the fence about it.
* We finally went and saw Taken, which everyone said was good.  It was pretty intense.  I hope that if we ever make it to Paris that I do not get kidnapped by the Albanians.  It does not look like fun!  We also got "Hancock" from netflix.  Some people told me that they did not like it.  I really liked it!  I thought it was a really good movie.  Our other Netflix recent activity includes the new Brian Regan DVD "The Epitome of Hyperbole".  Sooooo funny! We love that guy! We also recently saw "Henry Poole is Here."  I am not so sure about that one.  It was not bad, it was not great.  It just was.  It surprised me by being kinda religious and such.  We have also been watching the first season of "How I met your Mother" that my parents gave us in our Valentines Day package.  That is a funny show.  And for all of you judgy types...... we really are busy and we really are not lazy but seriously, it is freezing here and in the little bit a free time that we get together we decide to chillax and watch some shows.  So judge away, but leave us, our netflix, and our bowls of ice cream  out of it. 
* We have been recently reunited with an old friend.  The Sun.  We never thought we would see you again.  Thank you for melting away the piles of snow in our parking lot.  Thank for allowing me to not wear my puffy coat today.  We have missed you a lot! Stick around this time okay!
* We bought a new bookshelf tonight that only took Justin 1.5 hours and me 2 friends episodes and the Leno monologue to get through. It is so lovely and I am really excited about it!  It is made of mostly REAL wood.  That is something to get excited about since the majority of our furniture is made of particle board.  We are quite the grown ups now aren't we.  Slowly phasing out our college pieces with actual furniture!
Other then that, work and my church callings are going well.  Justin is doing great with work and school and his calling.  We are still loving Minnesota and having a great time together and with friends.  

That is all from us!
Seacrest Out!
(I am soooo excited about the top 13 this year on American Idol!)
(okay, now I am done!)
( seriously)

3 comments:

Emma said...

How fun, where do you work?

Carol said...

I love reading your blogs. Very interesting and funny. I'm glad to hear you are finding time to have some fun. I was enjoying a little bit of sunshine too, but yesterday we got a foot of new snow! The sun's out today and I wish Justin was here to go skiing.

Anonymous said...

Jess, you kill me! We did have a couple of fun nights though! Especially sitting at dinner with Sandy right! Good times...oh and I am so glad that you posted your little bit about the mascots...it made my day!