Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

A road trip, a Fair, and First day.

So here is the promised post! I am going to try and catch up on some of the stuff we have been up to since moving back to Minnesota. I am going to try and do this in chronological order.

The Drive Back
On the dive back from Utah this summer we stopped again at Mt. Rushmore. I really love Mt. Rushmore and even though some people think it is smaller in person, I still find it so impressive!






























One of my favorite parts of our road trip home was catching an amazing double palindrome on the odometer! I was so excited! I kinda have a thing for palindromes, it's a weird obsession of mine.













Another highlight was when we stopped at the Mitchell Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. I am such a sucker for off the highway tourist traps, and Justin is such a sport and takes me to them! I mean when you are driving across South Dakota you HAVE to stop at the "World's ONLY Corn Palace" right?





































And here is our packed little car. It was stuffed to the brim, with a bike on the roof. Justin is such a champ to drive across the midwest not being able to see a dang thing out the back window. We are again so thankful for free podcasts. "Stuff you should know", and "The Onion radio news" saved our sanity.













The Minnesota State Fair
The fair is a big deal here. Everyone goes....seriously. And when the fair is going on, everyone talks about it. So once again we HAD to go. I will let the pictures tell our "Fair"y tale.




































































































Deep Fried Oreo's














First Day Of School
Justin started his second year of school out here, only one more to go after this. This year he is pretty much a full time MBA student. This is his second to last first day of school picture EVER, so of course I had to document. Thanks for posing for yet another picture honey. You are a great sport and I love you! I am so proud of what a good student you are!












That is it for tonight!
I still have a lot more to post so check back!

4 comments:

Joni said...

Sure makes me miss Minnesota, I loved the fair! Looks like you guys had a whole lot of fun!

Emily said...

I love the Corn Palace! So awesome!

Jewls said...

Looks like a blast! I've hear deep fried candy bars are delish, did you like them?

Brittany said...

I loved your "fairy tale" pun. That was great.