Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday's Read??


I have never before done this, strayed from my beloved Wednesday's read and created a whole new edition, behold... Friday's read. This will only happen once and it is a special occasion because I can't wait until Wednesday to blog my thoughts about the book I just read.


"Catching Fire", by Suzanne Collins is book two in the Hunger Games series. I LOVED this book! It was just as great as the first, and maybe even better because you know the characters, and you have invested your feelings in their lives.
Of course before I started this book I had to hurry and re-read "The Hunger Games". It was a good thing that I did, seeing as this book picks right up from where we left off. I am not one for spoilers so I wont give anything important away.
"Catching Fire" seems to run at a quicker pace, which is true of a lot of sequels since all of the character and time period description are taken care of in the first book. There was also a little more romance in this book which (I can't deny), I was totally okay with.
There is also something unique for me with these books. In most novels when the heroine is torn between two love interests (which is basically all the time, in every book ever written), I have a pretty clear idea of which male suitor I prefer and I find myself getting frustrated with the heroine when she can't make up her mind. But in these books, I am on the fence about which guy she should choose. I like them both, for very different reasons, and I can see her happiness with both of them. I am very interested to see what will happen in the end.
This book was captivating from the beginning and kept me entranced until the very last page when I read the cursed last for words of the book,
End of Book Two.
I officially hate those words. The feeling that I felt when I read them was despair, knowing that I have to wait an ENTIRE YEAR for the story to continue. I have had that "I have to know what happens next feeling" ever since I put the book down.
I can't stop thinking about this book. It was so fascinating and the characters truly came to life for me. I have so many questions and it is driving me crazy that I have to wait so long to find out the answers. It is torture that Suzanne Collins decided to end her book right at the climax of the trilogy, but I will admit that even thought it sucks right now, it is going to be so sweet once the third installment comes out. I already can't wait.
If you have not already read, "The Hunger Games" (shame shame), do so now, and then go get "Catching Fire."

Just do it okay.

3 comments:

Jewls said...

So funny this is your book! I have been on a hold list for Hunger Games forever because our RS read it for book club. Just started...drawn in already, glad there's a second!!

Jewls said...

Jess...Lance's cousins are the Leishmans. Tyler, Lindsey, and baby Max. They're awesome, you should totally hang out!

Jewls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.