Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

How Cold Is It?

-Minnesota is so cold, that when Justin and I went to get into our car this morning, the doors were frozen shut. Literally frozen. It took us a few minutes of chipping at it and prying to get in.(apparently there is some spray that will defrost your doors that everyone told me about, and I was advised NEVER to put hot water on it to defrost it which is what I told Justin we should do this a.m. Good thing I was warned) 
- Minnesota is so cold, that at work we have a back door and there is a thick layer of ice around the bottom and the seam of the door on the INSIDE!
-Minnesota is so cold that when we were cleaning our coreway, Justin was inside and sprayed some windex on the window and it started freezing on contact.
-Minnesota is so cold that my poor husband will most likely catch pneumonia and perish while walking to his classes.
-Minnesota is so cold that I could still see my breath in the car until I was almost all the way to work.
- Minnesota is so cold that the high today was -2 and the current temp is -9, but lets be serious, it is not NEAR that warm. With the wind-chill the temp is actually -27.

In case you have not caught on, ITS FREEZING! Seriously today was one of the coldest days I have ever experienced. Many school districts were cancelled or delayed and people missed work because it was too icy and frigid! Good ol' Minnesota. Can't wait for some nice Utah weather where the temps are still on the plus side!

This is the back door at my work. This is inside and that is ice that is along the bottom of the door and all along where the doors meet. It is insane!

p.s. Thanks again for the coat mom, you have NO idea how much I love it!
p.p.s If any of you caught on to the match game reference you are either old or loved to watch old game shows with you mom like I did when I was little! haha

2 comments:

Jane said...

Just wanted to let you know it was a balmy 70 degrees here yesterday. I went to the store around 7 pm and drove with my window down because it was so nice out. I think it might rain today though, so that will just be so hard to endure!

Alanya/Ally said...

I'm sorry it's so cold... I was complaining about our 20 degree weather. I seriously have nothing to complain about now. Hope you thaw with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book.